Pivot is a template-based PHP software that allow you to create weblogs
(blogs) and other dynamic websites without the need to have
a MySQL database. It supports categories, multiple blogs, a search tool,
simple statistics, the ability to upload and include pictures in your
blogs, comments, automatic creation of RSS and Atom newsfeeds,
- Serendipity - PHP Weblog / Blog Software
This PHP blog script features WYSIWYG and HTML editing, built-in media
database, multiple authors and user group system, threaded comments,
nested categories and the ability to post to multiple categories,
multiple languages, plugin support, spam blocking, one-click upgrading,
support for MySQL, SQLite, PostgreSQL (etc), skinable (with Smarty
templates), etc. It is licensed under a BSD licence.
- Geeklog - The Ultimate Weblog System
Geeklog is a PHP blogging script that uses MySQL as its backend
database. It features a user-system that allows the public to register
and submit stories,
comments, plugins, themes, site statistics, a calendar system, etc. It
is licensed under the GNU GPL.
- WordPress Blog Tool and Weblog Platform
WordPress is a PHP blogging software that supports themes,
customizable URLs or permalinks, automatically generates RSS newsfeeds, supports trackback and pingback,
allows user comments (with the ability to enable or disable comments on a post by post basis), spam protection,
user registration, password-protected posts (private posts), support for the XML-RPC interface,
multiple authors, bookmarklets, etc.
- Bloly Blog Script
Bloly Blog Script allows you to customize the appearance of your blog, specify what HTML tags are allowed
in articles and comments, have information pages about every user, include a calendar with active days highlighted,
browse archives by month and year, search for articles in the archives, add RSS newsfeeds to your blog, etc.
This PHP scripts works with a MySQL database. It is distributed under the GNU General Public License.
- LifeType Open Source Blogging Platform
- LifeType is a PHP blogging software that comes with a WYSIWYG editor, a built-in anti-spam filter, support for Trackback pings, multiple blogs, customizable URLs, central pages for communities, subdomain names for users, support for templates (Smarty templates), an integrated media management that allows you to generate thumbnails automatically, mass-upload files, add descriptions for them and browse with a file browser, etc. This software uses a MySQL database. It is distributed under the GNU GPL.
Sunday, March 24, 2013