Autocomplete and Autosuggest search is a common feature available in lot of web tools and services. You will find lots of implementation of autocomplete features. Let us see 10 Sample Ajax Autocomplete-Autosuggest feature such as sample ajax, jquery autocomplete, jquery auto suggest, jquery plugin, ajax auto keyword search, ajax drop down search list, jQuery plugin Autocomplete…etc.
When we need to enter data into an input form element, but need strict data (like in select) and the amount of possible data is too big we can make use of an ajax autosuggest – or autocomplete – to guide the user. In this post I’ll try to present some solutions for this. it free download for test all sample ajax.
- Autosuggest and ajax support
- Support search plugins
- Support cache
- Cross Browser support ( IE > 5.5, FireFox, Safari, Opera )
This one use mootools-beta-1.2b1.js, and can be customized , like minimum number of chars that trigger autocompletion.Also it has a cache feature, so is very responsive.
As it names says, requires jquery.
from the site
- Supports local data array (can now use w/out AJAX).
- Limit dropdown to XX number of results (good for limiting the results to users)
- Autofill pre-populates text box as you type
- New findValue() method can be used to programmatically determine if the value in the box is a valid option. (Useful for verifying the text entered is an existing value option.)
- Dropdown options now correctly re-position themselves on each display (which means they adjust for changing to the DOM)
- Dropdown box defaults to the width of the input field its attached to (you can manually specify a larger width as well)
- Better emulates Windows autocomplete boxes (for example: hitting delete and retyping the same box will now bring back the dropdown menu)
Prototype based, seems to support xml, multicolums and more…
A mootools solution, unobtrusive and customisable, is able to load data from a json or xhtml source.
Auto-complete takes input from the user, and tries to form a list of words that match the users input. The function attaches itself to the input field selected, and also creates the UL drop down from within so all you need is have the styles for it ready.
- AJAX support
- Caching and subset matching for speed
- Various options and hooks for customization